Sure we’re in the electronic age but nothing beats the impact, speed and results of a face-to-face encounter. When more than 90% of your communication comes from non-verbal signals nothing beats the personal touch.
Here are my top ten reasons why face-to-face beats electronic communication
1. triggers like, trust and comfort levels instantly
2. satisfies the primitive need for human contact
3. gets things done faster
4. less anxiety than electronic communication in the long run
5. lets you engage and observe
6. allows you to evaluate integrity
7. allows “side-line” conversations
8. ignites discussion and innovative thinking
9. presents instant feedback
10. occurs in real time
Polishing your people skills is the best investment you can make in yourself, your employees and your children.